Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Should I or Shouldn’t I?


“Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy

when the body of elders laid their hands on you.”

I Timothy 4:14





Should I or shouldn’t I receive all that God has for me?

Well, presented like that certainly makes it seem like a ‘no-brainer’ answer.

Yet many receive salvation and it ends there.

They make the trip to the cross and stop.

But there is so much that Jesus made available to us at the cross and through the resurrection.

It is available but too often not appropriated by us.  

Gods’ gifts to us were never meant to sit on the shelf.

Don’t leave His empowering and equipping on the shelf.

Don’t live with less when so much (abundantly) more is within reach.

Don’t let confidence, faith and a deeper walk remain on the shelf like treasures packed away for a great celebration that never comes.

Celebrate today with all God has for you.

Take freely so that you might give freely to others.

Leaving them on the shelf robs you, and them, of the grace God has given.

Are you reaching for the shelf yet?

No comments: