Wednesday, March 30, 2016

In His Presence


"You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”

Psalm 16:11



I know what it says; that He will fill me with joy in His presence.

But how come I don’t feel like there is any joy in my life?

Suppose I pulled into a gas station to fill my tank up.

But when I went to pump the gas it only took eight cents worth.

I cannot fill up a tank that is not empty.

Sometimes we come into God’s presence filled with so many things in our lives.

Worry, anxiety, fear and hatred, just to name a few of the things we carry.

When we fail to cast all of our care on Him and try to carry them all ourselves we are like that tank already full with no more room.

Lay those things down.

Go into His presence and empty yourself so that He can fill you.

His joy is so much better than those things we carry around.

And when you come into His presence, linger.

Stay in His presence longer than you stay at the drive up window for coffee.

Let Him fill you to overflowing so that there is some to share with others.

Let Him fill you with joy in His presence so that when you are in the presence of others they will know you have been with the King!

No comments: