Monday, March 7, 2016

Buy a Field...


“Jeremiah said, “The word of the Lord came to me: Hanamel son of Shallum your uncle is going to come to you and say, ‘Buy my field at Anathoth, because as nearest relative it is your right and duty to buy it.’

“Then, just as the Lord had said, my cousin Hanamel came to me in the courtyard of the guard and said, ‘Buy my field at Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin. Since it is your right to redeem it and possess it, buy it for yourself.’

“I knew that this was the word of the Lord; so I bought the field at Anathoth from my cousin Hanamel and weighed out for him seventeen shekels of silver.”

Jeremiah 32:6-9





So, I hear you are in the market for some real estate.

What is it that brokers tell you when it comes to purchasing property?

Location, location, location!

It’s all about where you make your purchase isn’t it?

We want our money and our investments to grow and not to shrink so we purchase property where that is most likely to happen.

In what locations might you not be too smart to purchase property?

Areas you might stay away from...how about:

A toxic waste site, a high crime area or a remote ‘forever wild’ site where development is forbidden

Imagine a command from God coming to you to buy some property in one of those types of locations.

Do you think you might say “Get thee behind me, Satan.”?

Could there possibly be some doubt, some reason to question whether or not it was the voice of God?

That is exactly what happened to Jeremiah the prophet.

Jeremiah was being asked by God to buy a field from his cousin. Jeremiah was being asked to ‘buy a stake’ in God’s promise to the nation. Have you been asked to ‘buy a stake in the vision and plans of God for your neighborhood, town, city, region or world? Of course you have! It is called the Great Commission and as disciples we are all commanded to go!

No comments: