Monday, March 28, 2016

Seek the Living


"For in him we live and move and have our being.”

Acts 17:28a





I hope your Easter was blessed!

More than that, I hope you carry the power of the resurrection into each and every day so that others may know Christ through your testimony.

I often remember a scripture that the Holy Spirit made alive to me many years ago and the wisdom it continues to speak to my spirit.

I was seeking Gods’ direction concerning where I should fellowship as I left military service.

God graciously made it very clear to me through Luke 24:5

“...but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?”

It was God Himself asking me that question and in doing so answered without any doubt where I should be.

But it wasn’t simply a static word for many years ago.

It is wise counsel applied every day.

We are given His resurrection life.

If that same power, scripture declares, that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you, it makes you alive in Him!

We find our purpose in Him.

We need not look for life in traditions, religion, ancestor worship, New Age, Freemasonry or any other place people search for life and purpose.

So the question asked many years ago still rings true today:

“Why do you seek the living among the dead?”


No comments: