Monday, February 29, 2016

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ’s power may rest on me”
II Corinthians 12:9
 
Gods’ grace is made perfect in our weaknesses.
If you had a choice to boast or brag about yourself, what would you brag about?
Ninety-nine out of a hundred people would brag about something they feel confident in themselves about.
“I am smarter than anybody I know, I can solve the most difficult problems.”
“I have a knack for business, I can turn-around a failing business to a cash cow.”
“I am just good at relationships, I can bring enemies to the table to talk.”
All of the statements above make are intended to make others aware of how good we are at a certain thing because of our strength or perceived strength in accomplishing it.
Paul spoke radically different in his letter to the Corinthians.
Sure, he had reason to boast and he even spoke of those reasons.
But he recognized that God’s grace took even the weak parts of Paul’s life and used them for the glory of God!
That turned the boasting from what Paul was to who God is!
God’s grace will do the same thing in our lives.
We do not usually boast in our weaknesses.
That is until we are made aware that God can use our weaknesses for His glory!
Remember it is God who uses the foolish things of the world (what we might rightly consider a weakness) to confound the wise (those we would esteem as ‘strong’).
Do you want more of God’s power working in you?
Stop trying to live your life in your own strength.
Submit all that you are – strengths and weaknesses to Him that He can make His grace evident in you!
 
 

No comments: