Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A “Yes” Man

For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me
commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
John 14:29
Being a “Yes” man is usually not considered a flattering thing.
But I would like to suggest that when it comes to agreeing with God nothing could be more proper!
Let our testimony be the testimony of heaven.
Let it always agree with God and His word.
May there be no difference between what we declare and what is declared in heaven.
Jesus was a “yes” man.
He never disagreed with the Father.
You might say that He never had to choose His words carefully because He always and only said what His Father in heaven said and He only did what His Father.
What a testimony that was!
How would that change what comes out of your mouth?
The Psalmist wrote –
“May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
Psalm 19:14
In essence he was saying let every word and even every thought conform with the words and thoughts of heaven.
Become a “yes” man for heaven!

No comments: