Thursday, July 25, 2013

Turning Disappointment into Divine Appointments

“You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted;
    you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,”
Psalm 10:17
 
Last week I had an appointment that became a disappointment which I could then choose to turn into a divine appointment.
Did you follow all that?
I didn’t think so, so let me explain.
As some of you who follow this blog already know, I have been out of work for some time and actively searching for a new job.
Last Friday I had yet another interview scheduled.
That is the appointment part.
After prayer, both my wife and I felt this might be a very good opportunity so I went to the appointment with great anticipation.
While the interview went quite well (at least I thought so),
the position was given to someone else.
That is the disappointment part.
Now I was faced with the choice I spoke about.
I could lick my wounds and go find a nice corner to pout in
Or
I could, by abiding in d’vine, (sorry – but it’s just how God speaks to me sometimes!)
turn my disappointment into a d’vine appointment.
I could meet God at a place of disappointment.
By doing that I am refusing to allow it to become a place of discouragement.
Instead it becomes a place of trust, growth and relationship building with the Lord!
I hope you can get past my corny use of the language to see that we can choose to live in
depression, discouragement and disappointment,
Or
the encouragement that comes through d’vine appointments!
 
 
 

No comments: