Monday, November 7, 2011

Is God Your Co-Pilot?


I hope not!
There is statement made popular over the years that also was seen on bumper stickers.
It read: “God is my Co-Pilot.”
It sounds like a wonderful concept except it falls 100% short in effectiveness.
What do I mean?
A life half surrendered to God is a life we are still in control of.
Listen to Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Did you notice whose plans they are?
God’s plans for you and I are good plans.
I confess, when I am left in control of my own plans they are not always good, prosperous and hopeful.
A life fully surrendered to God, where we give Him total control to pilot our destiny, is a life that honors Him and fulfills His plans and purposes.
A fair question might be – “Don’t I have a role to play?”
Yes, you do. It’s called complete and total surrender.
God will not usurp my will.
Instead I must choose to surrender my will to His.
When I have done this, it is not me piloting my life, not even co-piloting it.
God pilots my life.
Do you pilot your life?
Do you and God co-pilot? (I hope you understand the irrelevance of this question)
- or -
Does God pilot your life?

No comments: