Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Jesus and Lazarus

 


Gratitude marked the ministry of Jesus.

We find it throughout the New Testament.

Here is but one example:

 

Reading the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the grave found in

John 11:41-42

 

“So they took away the stone.

Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me.

I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.

Jesus first expressed gratitude that His Father always hears Him.

Then in a loud voice Jesus called Lazarus out of the grave.

Why the loud voice?

His Father had already heard Him.

Perhaps it was so no one would misunderstand what Jesus was saying or doing in that moment.

Either way, this miracle was preceded by a heart of gratitude from Son to Father.

(I suspect that, though this particular event was public, Jesus was no less inclined to express His gratitude to His Father in private as well.)

What we cultivate in private, intimate relationship with the Lord will be evident in public. 

Are you allowing the Holy Spirit to develop a grateful heart in you?

No comments: