Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Christ Demonstrated


“And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.”

I Corinthians 2:1-5




The Apostle Paul was certainly not an unlearned man in

scripture before his Damascus road experience.

As a matter of fact, just the opposite was true.

He was one of the most learned members of Israel’s religious rulers for his day having sat at the feet of the highly revered teacher and leader, Gamaliel.

It may have been a constant internal battle for him not to lose his listeners with theological and doctrinal twists and turns when he preached the Gospel.

He could have easily left them in the dust with their heads spinning as it were.

But he didn’t.

He was very intentional in presenting the Gospel with simplicity.

No one contributed more to the writings of the New Testament than the Apostle Paul.

He surely had it in him to speak and teach in dry pedantic ways.

But always and foremost, as he outlined in I Corinthians 2:1-5 he delivered the message with power and not simply with eloquent words.

He demonstrated to others who God was and did not simply paint the picture with words.

We too must be sure to demonstrate Christ to our family, our friends, our co-workers and to the rest of the world.

Perhaps you are blessed with the ability to write or speak well to others.

That is good.

But don’t let your words be the only way God is displayed in your life.

Let Him live through you by your actions and your convictions too!


No comments: