Friday, November 24, 2017

A Habit to be Thankful for




Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

An honest evaluation of my thought life recently revealed how little energy I expend on giving thanks for things in my life and how much time I spend complaining about the perceived difficulties in my life.

The Lord recently challenged me to reverse that trend.  So, I tried a little exercise.  I took sixty seconds and listed things in my life I am thankful for.

What I thought would be a difficult exercise turned out to be just the opposite.  When I started to list things I was thankful for, they were coming to my mind faster than my lips could speak them.  I discovered that there were things to be thankful for even in the midst of what I thought were hardships.

My point?  When we stop the complaining and reverse our thinking, we realize there are far more things in our life to be thankful than things to be disgruntled about.

I firmly believe if we make it a regular habit of recalling the blessings in our life in all circumstances, our lives will be transformed.

No comments: