Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Yet God...


“And Isaiah boldly says,

“I was found by those who did not seek me;

    I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.”

Romans 10:20






In Romans 10:20 Paul quotes Isaiah 65:1 as noted above.

In context, He was speaking of how God would save and use Gentiles, in part, to provoke Israel to jealousy.

This dovetails with a recent bog posting where God, in Isaiah 45 speaks of using the Gentile leader Cyrus to deliver and bless His people.

So we find, in both the Old and the New Covenants that God will choose and use those we might overlook or flat out rule out for His purposes.

He delights in showing Himself strong through those who are

‘despised and rejected’ by men.

Is there someone who, perhaps even only in your thought life, you have said “God will never use them!”

Let these passages and many others in scripture be a lesson to us.

God will use whom He will use.

Perhaps others have thought the very same thing of you and me.

Yet, God...

No comments: