Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Let God Be God!


“For the sake of Jacob my servant,

    of Israel my chosen,

I summon you by name

    and bestow on you a title of honor,

    though you do not acknowledge me.



I am the Lord, and there is no other;

    apart from me there is no God.

I will strengthen you,

    though you have not acknowledged me,”    

Isaiah 45:4-5





The 45th chapter of Isaiah speaks of how God uses and blesses a Gentile King Cyrus “...for the sake of Jacob my servant.”

God will use not only the ‘saved’ or His people Israel to lead and guide a nation.

Cyrus was neither a Jew nor a follower of the Lord, yet God used him mightily to bring deliverance, freedom and blessing to His people.

He would not be put into neat little theological boxes we often try to relegate Him too.

Part of the chapter addresses God challenging those who would question who He chooses to anoint and lead others.

God may even choose to anoint and direct some in our own nation who do not readily acknowledge Him, much the same as He used Cyrus.

We should not resist those whom God has chosen because they do not fit what we believe is the pattern for a godly leader.

If God used a donkey for His purposes, He can certainly use whomever He chooses.

We must never find ourselves resisting God by resisting His anointed.

Let God be God!




No comments: