Wednesday, March 6, 2019

More Than Sunday


“These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”

Deuteronomy 6:6-7







God’s commandments are to be on our hearts.

We are to impress them on our children, to talk about them when we sit at home and when we walk along the road, when we lie down and when we get up.

That certainly would not describe a Sunday-only relationship.

We are to be in intimate relationship and fellowship with the Lord through our spirit in communion with His Holy Spirit.

His commands are not burdensome but a delight to those who are in that relationship.

When I fell in love with my wife, my goal wasn’t to be with her one day a week.

I looked for and took every chance I got to spend time with her and get to know her.

When we set as our goal to know the Lord that will include knowing and loving His Word.

The two are inseparable.

If I say I love God but do not hold His Word in my heart then something is missing.

The Psalms are rich with encouragement to hide His Word in our hearts.

I would encourage you to spend a little time there today.


No comments: