Wednesday, March 13, 2019

In Delightful and in Difficult?


““Never will I leave you;

    never will I forsake you.”

Hebrews 13:5b






Yesterday, the title of my post was: “Is God with You?”

I could almost hear the refrain from some of you saying:

Of course He is with me.

He said He would never leave me and would never forsake me.

You would be correct in that answer.

But I asked the question from a different perspective.

You see, God is indeed always with us but it is possible that He is with us but we are not with Him.

Of course, what I mean is that we forsake His ways.

We may turn down a path He did not direct us to.

We may, in anger, turn our back on Him.

Truly, He will not leave us even in those times as He is faithful even when we are not.

So really the question might better be framed this way:

Are you with God?

Are you following after Him through the difficult and the delightful?

Do you serve Him only when life is wonderful or do you stay close to Him when life is woeful too?

It is one thing to ask if God is with us, it is an entirely different question to ask if we are with God.

Will you remain close to His side today no matter what comes your way?




No comments: