Friday, March 3, 2017

Red Lights


Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:



I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning. (Psalm 130:5-6)

Have you ever been in such a hurry trying to get to your destination that it felt like you were catching every red light? It happened to me recently.  I became so frustrated that I briefly entertained the thought of sneaking through the red light.

This past Sunday, our pastor shared how God spoke to his heart to stop complaining about all the red lights.  No, not the red lights he encountered while driving, but all the red lights God put in His life to stop him from moving forward until it was safe to proceed.

Without red lights, our streets would be chaotic and extremely dangerous.  Red lights protect us.  They keep accidents from happening.

God also puts red lights in our life to protect us and direct our steps.  He closes doors and forces us to wait until the timing of His perfect plan comes to pass.  He does so to keep us from situations that can result in unnecessary pain and suffering.

I often thought of red lights as a nuisance, but after this Sunday, I won’t look at them the same.

Don’t complain about red lights, but embrace them as God’s perfect plan for our life.  The next time you encounter a red light in your life, take the opportunity to look for God’s fingerprints in your situation.

No comments: