Monday, March 6, 2017

Death, Taxes and...?


 My flesh and my heart may fail,

but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Psalm 73:26



Let’s add one more to the list...

You know the list – two things are certain in life, death and taxes.

Well, how about failure?

The question is simple; it is not if you fail but when you fail!

Show me someone who hasn’t failed (no, you can’t point to Jesus, we all know He never fails) and you’ll be showing me someone dishonest.

We are all visited by it, it happens to the best and the worst of us.

It started with Adam and Eve and continues to this day.

Abraham, Joseph, David, Peter – and the list goes on and on.

Funny thing about failure – the harder we try to avoid it, the easier it seems to catch up with us.

While it hurts to fail, the sting is so much greater when we fail to learn from our failures.

The Book of Proverbs would call that person a fool.

Let’s not be foolish, but wise.

Let’s learn from our failures.

Let’s start by admitting we have had a few.

Then let’s move on and grow from what they can teach us...










No comments: