Friday, March 17, 2017

Fully Satisfied


Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

(Psalm 73:26)



Have you ever pushed away from the dinner table fully satisfied after the perfect meal? 

A meal that included just the right portions of your favorite foods? 

Being married to the world’s greatest cook, I’ve had that feeling on many occasions.

In the above verse, the psalmist declared God was his portion forever. 

Like the perfect meal, only God can fully satisfy the hunger in our hearts.

The world offers many counterfeit foods, but not of them satisfy.

We will always leave the table feeling hungry.

Are you feeling unsatisfied today?  If yes, maybe you are feasting on something other than God.

After indulging in all the pleasures of the world,

the wise king Solomon declared the following in Ecclesiastes 2:11

“Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve,

everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.

Filling our lives with anything other than God is meaningless and will always leave us feeling unsatisfied.

Solomon realized this at the end of his life and wrote about it to help us avoid the same pitfall.

Let God be your only portion. 

Only then will you feel fully satisfied.

No comments: