Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall


“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

Galatians 5:22-23





The Fruit of the Spirit is always in season!

We never go through a time in our lives where it is o.k. not to love others.

Joy is not derived from our circumstances and we have the peace of Christ in our lives.

Maybe we are guilty of drawing too many parallels to natural fruit.

We think to ourselves that here in Western, NY apple harvest is only 2-3 months long.

Sooooo, it must be ok for my love to wax and wane.

After all, I can’t be expected to be fruitful year round can I?

Well, yes you can!

Hers’ the ‘secret’ -

“Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

John 15:4-5

Remain (abide) in the Vine and you will bear much fruit!

Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall

No comments: