Friday, March 16, 2018

Just Keep Pushing



Todays blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. (James 1:2)

My daughter gave birth to my granddaughter last night.  What a joyous time for my daughter and son in-law.

However, the process to bring Zoe into this world didn’t start out joyful.  There were some long grueling hours involved, along with some pushing and a whole lot of pain.  As a matter of fact, the joyful part didn’t come until the very end.

All I know is when I walked into the room after it was all over, my daughter looked different.  There were no changes to her physical appearance, but her countenance was different.  At that moment, I knew my daughter was forever changed.  Maybe because she had just partnered with God to accomplish something wonderful - bringing life into this world.

After sitting with my daughter in the birthing room, I couldn’t help think about trials and tribulations we go through as Christ followers and how the process can be very difficult, but the end result brings great joy.

Some of greatest times of spiritual growth in my life occurred after some of the greatest times of pain.

It’s not always fun when God is birthing something in us.  It may require great sacrifice.  We may have to let go of our dignity.  We may have to walk away from something dear to our heart.

But regardless of the difficulty, know this!  The end result will far, far outweigh the road it took to get there.

If you know you are on God’s path, but you feel like you’re going to through a war, don’t give up hope.  Keep on pushing through and God will birth something amazing in your life and for His kingdom.

Through your perseverance He will bring new life into your world.

No comments: