Monday, March 26, 2018

I Expect...


“In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;

    in the morning I lay my requests before you

    and wait expectantly.”

Psalm 5:3









There used to be a popular expression among Christian circles many years ago that went something like this –

I expect a miracle!

It does beg the question – what are you expecting today?

Are you looking for and expecting good things in your life?

If you are a follower of Christ our expectations should be anchored in His Word and what He speaks concerning us.

Miracles, healing, provision, protection and blessing are our portion.

To expect less is to expect is to live below His plans for you.

Some days come and try to suck the life out of you.

You don’t have to live in a way that accepts that.

Remember your Father loves you and has good plans for you.

It is the enemy of your soul who comes to rob, steal and destroy.

I think we sometimes confuse the two.

Oh, no we would never admit to those kinds of thoughts but still they invade our minds and we are sometimes guilty of entertaining them.

So let me encourage you today to expect good things from God.

 Live every minute with an anticipation of His blessings.

Look and live expectantly throughout the day.

No comments: