Thursday, May 12, 2016

“Yes, Lord!”

Today's blog post is contributed by Denise Friedman:


Yesterday we considered God’s invitations to be part of His general will for our lives. How can saying “Yes, Lord” to such a general call open doors for God’s specific will in your life? Today, I would like to share a personal example from my journey with you. 

Years ago, I participated in a great mission project, Operation Christmas Child.  For those unfamiliar with this ministry, shoeboxes are packed with gifts and sent to children in poverty stricken, famine and disease stricken, war-torn countries.  This was a great humanitarian project, I thought.  Every year, I have become more involved with this ministry, becoming the project leader at our church, joining the year round volunteer team, leading a group to a processing center in Maryland, and most recently leading our local prayer mobilization team. 

While this is certainly a great humanitarian project, I have come to discover this is an amazing evangelism ministry.  Children are presented the opportunity to learn about Jesus as they are given these gifts.  Millions of lives have been changed through a simple shoe box gift, especially mine.

As I started to step into God’s general will of caring for the poor, God began to speak to me of his specific will for my life.  Each step involved more responsibility with this ministry team as I said yes to God’s will for my life. As I am faithful with what he has asked me to do, God reveals more and more of His specific plan for my life.  He will do this for you as well!

Did you accept His invitation yesterday?  Your party is about to begin!

No comments: