Tuesday, December 9, 2014

“…They are my Church…”

“and to present her to himself as a radiant church,
without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.”
Ephesians 5:27

 
I know it is not possible to both close your eyes and read this post at the same time but for a moment let’s pretend it is.
Close your eyes and listen as the Lord whispers into your ear.
He says’ to you –
“I want my church to understand that they are my church that I am preparing for my Son.”
Did you hear Him?
We are His church – we are His Son’s bride.
Not a building, not an address, not a place.
A people, a church, a bride!
Let that sink in for a moment.
I have to admit that there are some pretty magnificent buildings on the earth.
But can any of them, past or present, compare one iota with the Bride of Christ?
Of course not!
The Eternal God fashioned and formed you.
He knit you together in your mother’s womb.
What brick and mortar can compare to the handiwork of God?
None.
When God speaks of His church, He is speaking of His people.
His called out ones.
Let us begin to take our eyes off of the campuses. The grand foyers, the million dollar state of the art sound systems and begin to focus on people.
Let us invest in eternal resources.
Let us invest in people.
Am I against buildings or property?
No.
But if they stand in the way of doing His work we all should oppose them.
Let’s recalibrate our focus on things that matter to God.
Let Him whisper in your ear…
“…they are my church…”
You are a part of His church!

No comments: