Tuesday, January 17, 2012

“Woe to me…My eyes have seen the King…”



““Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.”
Isaiah 6:5

Authentic worship produces an awareness of personal and corporate sin.
When we come near to God in worship, He comes near to us.
With that proximity, we are told in Psalm 16:11, we are filled with joy.
That nearness also makes the distinction between us and God very pronounced.
He is holy and He is perfect in the complete sense of that word ‘perfect’.
We are not.
As we come into His presence to worship, we understand that we are not as He is.
How then can there be joy?
Because God can make a way where there does not seem to be a way!
He, of course, provided access and fellowship with Him through the atoning work of Jesus Christ, His one and only son.
Jesus became sin for us.
When I, a sinner saved by that grace, through the shed blood, come into His presence to worship Him I am made aware of the remarkable value of that grace that has been extended to me.
Part of my worship to Him flows out of the understanding that
(in the words of an old chorus we used to sing):

He paid a debt He did not owe
I owed a debt I could not pay
I needed someone to wash my sins away
And now I sing a brand new song
Amazing Grace
Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay!

As you worship God, allow Him to bring that awareness of who He is, who we are and what He has done to bring us together!

No comments: