Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hungry to Hear?



“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
“Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
Isaiah 6:8


Authentic worship draws the voice of God.
Are you hungry to hear the voice of God?
Is it beyond hunger; is it desperation?
Some people will travel high and low to ‘receive a word’ from the Lord.
Let me suggest to you that He is as close as your private prayer closet.
When you read the verse below from Jeremiah 29:13 what are your thoughts:
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Do you think of how much ground you must cover to chase God down and find him?
Is it, for you, a question of ‘distance’?
The fact is we don’t need to travel far and wide to hear God’s voice. He will answer the longing of our heart for Him when we seek Him with all of our heart.
It is not in wandering that we draw His voice, it is in worship.
The Bible tells us that God inhabits the praises of His people.
If it is your hearts desire to draw His voice and to hear Him, then learn to worship Him at all times and in all places.
You do not need to go to the moon and back to hear God.
His voice is as close as your worshipping heart.
John the Apostle had this to say:
“On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit,
and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,”
If you are hungry to hear God, spend some time worshipping Him!

No comments: