Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Think About That!


“Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me.

The one who loves me will be loved by my Father,

and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

John 14:21



Someone once humorously wrote:

“Love is blind but marriage is an eye opener.”

While there may be some kernel of truth in those words the words of Jesus written above tell us that God’s love is anything but blind.

As a matter of fact Jesus linked together love and revelation.

As we love Him, He reveals Himself to us.

Going back to the subject of marriage, perhaps that is a good context in which to understand the connection.

The deeper I am in love with my spouse the greater my desire to please them.

In order to do that I must know what pleases them.

That is where revelation comes in.

As God reveals Himself to us we grow in our understanding of those things that please Him.

We can then respond and relate to God in ways of genuine love that were not possible apart from His revelation to us.

The more He reveals the greater our opportunities to respond to Him in love.

It is important to note that we are the ones who grow in our love for God.

God’s love is perfect and mature and whatever other terms you may want to use to explain the truth that He cannot be more in love with you tomorrow than He already is today!

Think about that!

No comments: