Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Kindness of God


You are amazing just as you are, more beautiful than you can see,

stronger than you feel, and of greater worth than you’ll ever know.

I love You

Love, Father God

 


 “Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness,

forbearance and patience, not realizing that God's

kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?”

Romans 2:4



Imagine joining a club where everyone was angry.

Never any joy and always rules, rules, rules!

Love one another? Forget about it!

That is how some people picture the church and the Kingdom of God.

A bunch of people who preach only ‘turn or burn’ messages and seem to hate anyone who is not like them – angry and exclusive.

A preacher I knew used to say that many Christians looked like they were baptized in pickle juice!

What drew me to the Lord was not what I had to give up but what I saw in other believers that I so wanted in my own life.

I witnessed a genuine love for one another and peace in the lives of the believers in spite of being in the midst of a chaotic world.

The Holy Spirit drew me to the Father through God’s kindness and love.

It is that same love and kindness that we are to freely share with others.

But, if we struggle to love ourselves as God loves us we will also struggle to share that love with others.

Today, ask God to take you back to your first love.

Remember His love for you so that you might fall in love all over again with Him, with yourself and with others.

No comments: