Thursday, April 21, 2016

Everything!


“Be on guard; stand firm in your faith [in God, respecting His precepts and keeping your doctrine sound]. Act like [mature] men and be courageous;

be strong. Let everything you do be done in love

[motivated and inspired by God’s love for us].”

I Corinthians 16:13-14


 



Boy, talk about difficult commands, here’s one:

Let everything you do be done in love.

Everything means every thing.

Can you correct in love or is the “I told you so!” attitude more prevalent?

Do you always communicate in love or is it easier to spit bullets?

Is your counsel offered in love or is it to puff up your own ego?

What a challenging command.

But if it were easy we wouldn’t need God.

We would walk around with a cocky attitude in smug self-satisfaction.

I know I am repeating myself but it bears repeating – we cannot love as we ought apart from Gods’ love working in us.

No matter how hard we try!

So if I want everything I do to be done in love I must surrender it all up to Him allowing Him to love through me.

You and I are not the origin of love – God is!

Divine love – the kind that I Corinthians 13 speaks of – only comes from God.

As we abide in Him, His love flows out of us to ourselves and to others.

No comments: