Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Have Your Eyes Been ‘Fixed’?

“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen,
since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
II Corinthians 4:18
 
 
You wake up in the morning, open your eyes and what do you see?
You see your surroundings.
Those things that were in your room when you closed your eyes are in your room when you open them.
But what if you fix your eyes on the unseen?
Looking not at the temporary – that ‘stuff’ seen with the natural eyes – but instead fixing your eyes on the eternal!
How might that ‘adjustment’ impact your thoughts, your words and your actions today?
We can Holy Spirit led or we can be led by our natural senses.
How we choose to be led can make all the difference on the impact we make.
The scripture tells us we can ‘fix’ our eyes.
That is a deliberate and intentional act.
It is not accidental or happenstance.
I desire to impact the eternal lives of people so I fix my eyes on what is not seen.
I choose to be led by the Holy Spirit and not by my flesh.
I lay aside the need to gratify the flesh in order to walk in the things of the Spirit of God.
Once?
No, this is a choice I will make over and over throughout the day as the world presses in and says: “Look at me and react by how you feel about it!”
Instead the Holy Spirit may whisper to me words of wisdom to speak into the situation or just to step away and take the matter into my prayer closet, not reacting based on my feelings but obediently responding based on what the Lord tells me to do.
What are your eyes fixed on today?
 

No comments: