Monday, February 16, 2015

God’s Love

“Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
    bind them around your neck,
    write them on the tablet of your heart.”
Proverbs 3:3
 
“…God is love”
I John 4:8
 
“…because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5
 
Do you see the promise ‘hidden’ in these verses?
On the one hand God instructs us to not let love and faithfulness leave us
but then we find, through His Word,
that He is love and that He will never leave or forsake us.
Though we may choose to walk away from Him, who is love, He will not walk away from us.
Like the story of the Prodigal Son we have a God who pursues and draws us.
Are you responding today to the love of God?
We have been talking of late about supernatural love.
Maybe you’re thinking to yourself “Well, with my behavior or with my past it would take supernatural love to love someone like me!”
Well, welcome!
That is true for all of us.
Even the squeakiest clean person among us cannot stand on their own merit.
Scripture tell us that we love Him because He first loved us.
The ‘squeakiest clean’ and the most vile are loved by God.
The ‘squeakiest clean’ and the most vile are both equally in need of His mercy.
 
Thank you, Lord, for your love.
Thank you, too, for your faithfulness and mercy.
I am so grateful that in your great love you pursued me
You never leave me, you never forsake me.
You are love and I am loved by you.
How wonderful you are!
 
 

No comments: