Friday, February 27, 2015

By the time it takes you to read this blog…

Today's blog post is contributed by David Trotta:


“How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can’t even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!” (Psalm 139:17-18 TLB)

People say you can tell how much you love someone by how often you think about them.  If that’s true (and I believe it is), then we are incredibly loved by God.  Psalms 139 says He thinks about you and me all the time.

Imagine your picture running across God’s mind continually.  God’s thoughts are so much higher than mine, so I won’t pretend to know what He is thinking, but scripture does give us a glimpse of how He views us, so I wouldn’t be surprised if His thoughts went something like this…..“Stephen, you are fearfully and wonderfully made” or “Mary, I love you with an everlasting love.”  “Rachel, don’t be anxious for I am working all things together for your good.

The next time you’re tempted to wonder if God really loves you or cares about the things going on in your life, just remind yourself of how often you are in His thoughts. So often, they are beyond our ability to count them.  I think it is safe to say that by the time it takes you to read this blog, God will have had multiple thoughts about you.

Let me ask you a question.  How often does God find you thinking about Him?  Constantly?  Occasionally?  Rarely?  How often does God direct His thoughts toward us, only to see our thoughts directed elsewhere?

Imagine God’s delight if when thinking about you, he finds you thinking about Him.  AW Tozer said in his book the Pursuit of God - "When the eyes of the soul looking out meet the eyes of God looking in, heaven has begun right here on earth."

No comments: