Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Do They See Jesus in You?

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you,
you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
John 15:5
 
Let me preface today’s post by saying I am not a farmer.
So while I do not claim to be an expert I do share what I will today by what I have observed.
When I have walked through an orchard or go out to pick fruit off of a tree I have never seen that fruit attached to the trunk of the tree or to the vine if it is a bush.
Instead I see that fruit on the branches.
Jesus is the Vine and we are the branches.
Jesus said that unless we remain in Him we cannot bear fruit.
His expectation is that we bear fruit.
This is only accomplished as we remain in Him.
We have probably all heard someone say, “Why doesn’t God….” and then they complete that statement by expressing a desire that God would do something to change a circumstance or to minister to someone in need.
He is the Vine and we are the branches.
Now, where is that fruit located again?
You and me are to be His hands ministering, His voice declaring, His feet taking us to those who are hurting and those who are in need.
The next time you hear someone say “Why doesn’t God…” I hope that you will take it personally.
What can I do to be Christ to that need?
How can I minister in His Name to reveal Him to others?
You have probably heard that quote
“You may be the only Jesus others will ever see.”
It is so very true.
Do they see Jesus in you?

No comments: