Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What Do You Do After God Speaks?

“so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”
Isaiah 55:11
 
If we are going to experience biblical transformation then what we need to
do is learn to speak the Word of God into our lives.
We have learned how to speak a lot of things into our life.
Most of which is contrary to the Word of God.
We speak plot lines from T.V. shows; we speak someone else’s dream or vision; we speak ‘positive affirmations’ minus the power and promise of Gods’ Word.
None of these are remotely comparable to hearing from God and agreeing with the Word He has spoken to us.
Too often we build our lives upon confessions and declarations we ‘discover’ through traditions, reason, culture and feelings.
Remember those four deceptive guides?
I listened to someone once who was ‘captivated’ by a popular motivational speaker.
They certainly had some measure of truth to what they were saying but much of it was ‘fluff’ and was not anchored in the eternal truths of Gods’ Word.
It lacked the ‘substance’ of faith spoken of in Hebrews 11.
When I begin to speak the Word of God into my life I am speaking truth.
The crop that those words yield is both abundant and profitable.
The Word of God is profitable and as those profitable words flow through my spirit they bring transformation to my life.
Of course, it is not simply repeating words.
A parrot can do that but the parrot does not profit from what he is saying.
I need to declare and obey those words.
I need to act on the promises of God when God established conditions associated with those promises.
Many may say: “God spoke a word to me and it never came to pass!”
One question I would ask is – “What were Gods’ expectations for you in that Word?”
Search the scriptures – particularly as God spoke to the Children of Israel and you will find many if/then promises.
By that I mean God says if you do such and such I will respond in this way…
So revisit the promises, act in obedience to His specific Word to you and begin to speak His Words into your life!

No comments: