Friday, February 28, 2014

Faithfully Confessing the Truth Activates God’s Word


So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)

 
Its' the end of the week. Maybe you look forward to the weekend but I look forward to hearing what God will share with us through David's post. Hope it blesses you as much as it does me!


When we confess the truth we partner with God.  We say loud and clear “Lord, I believe you!”  When that happens, like a boomerang effect, we send His very words back to him, only we return them activated, able to accomplish and achieve the purposes He designed.


 


In the past, I have purchased certain epoxy glue.  The packet came with two bottles, once containing the glue, and the other containing a special activator.  I had to mix the two substances together to initiate a chemical reaction that produced the super strong epoxy glue I needed.  If the substances were left in their separate containers, the glue could not fulfill the purpose for which it was designed.


In the same way, if we don’t “mix” the confession of our mouth and the belief of our hearts with God’s promises, they cannot serve the purposes for which they were intended.  Our agreeing with God, by faithfully confessing His word, is the “activator” needed to ensure His promises are accomplished and His desires are achieved in our lives.

No comments: