Thursday, February 6, 2014

Agree With God, Agree With His Word!

“Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
    that I may follow it to the end.
 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
    and obey it with all my heart.
 Direct me in the path of your commands,
    for there I find delight.
 Turn my heart toward your statutes
    and not toward selfish gain.
 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
    preserve my life according to your word.
Fulfill your promise to your servant,
    so that you may be feared.”
Psalm 119: 33-38
 
 
Lord – You are the teacher and I am the student.
Show me your ways so that I can obey them and walk in them all my days.
I ask for understanding in your Word so that I may obey it with all of my heart.
I am not afraid to seek your direction; as a matter of fact it is my delight.
I give you my permission to turn my heart – as stubborn as it has been in the past – away from self-centered and “me-me” attitudes toward you, your word, your laws.
I surrender my eyes too Lord that they might be turned away from worthless things and directed toward you – the highest purpose and of priceless worth.  
Amen
 
We, at His Place, are on a 30 day assignment to read Psalm 119 three times a day.
I encourage you – as you read it – to make it a prayer to God.
Make it personal.
Let the words of the Psalm settle in your Spirit.
Let those seeds take root and grow.
Remember that He watches over His Word to perform it and that includes performing what He has planned in your life.
Agree with God.
Agree with His Word.
Make it personal!

No comments: