Tuesday, February 18, 2014

“And God said…”

“so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”
Isaiah 55:11
 
The Word of God is active and alive.
Nothing passive and ho-hum about it!
Look again at Isaiah 55:11
The words accomplish and achieve speak of action and results.
The words ‘mission accomplished’ will never be truer than in this case:
God sends His Word on a mission.
Since God declares that it will not return to Him empty, it is as if that which He sent it to do is accomplished as soon as the Word is spoken.
Remember the creation account in Genesis?
“And God said…And God said…And God said…”
…and it was so!
God spoke the Word and it was so.
The Centurion in Matthew 8 may have understood this principle when he said to Jesus:
“But just say the word and my servant will be healed.”
He understood the power in the Word of God (Jesus) declaring the Word of God (rhema).
That very same power can be in us.
So why isn’t it always evident?
There may be many reasons but I believe the greatest one is that we just don’t believe it.
God want to move through you and me.
He wants to send His Word to achieve and accomplish 
He wants to work through you.
Do you believe that?
Go ahead and ask Him if you doubt me.
Let me know what He says!

 

 

 

No comments: