Friday, September 7, 2012

You Have Gods’ Undivided Attention

“The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry;”
 Psalm 34:15


Listen to the words of this old hymn:

"Pass me not, O gentle Savior
Hear my humble cry!
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
Savior Savior, Hear my humble cry!
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by."

It is said that the words of this hymn, written well over a hundred years ago, were inspired by a visit to a prison. While ministry was taking place, prisoners called out to God that He would not pass them by.
It would be very easy to ascribe to God the constraints of mortal men and think that because of the demands so many place on Him, He may not hear my prayer.
We may know from experience that when our focus is divided none of the demands made on us get our best efforts applied to them.
We wrongly conclude then – it must be the same with God.
Of course, it is not.
I can humbly cry out to God in prayer never afraid that His response will be second best or diluted because He is tied up elsewhere.  
Some might say that it is the epitome of self-centered thought; to think I have Gods’ full attention.
But the truth is that God’s love for me (and you) is so great and that, individually, we mean so much to Him that He delights in hearing and responding to us.   
What a privilege it is to talk with God!
What an awesome revelation to know He listens attentively!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3cnL_CY_sRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments: