Thursday, September 27, 2012

How “I Can’t” Becomes “I Can”

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”
Philippians 4:13


Today we ask the same question we asked yesterday –
What do you need to do if you are going to live life through God’s grace?
Another area that we need to guard against in order to be able to live life through God’s grace is unbelief.
Unbelief says: “I can’t” but you can confidently replace the “I can’t” with an “I can”
when you are walking in obedience to God.
The “I can’t” response is one that comes from relying on self.
The “I can…” response is positive because it carries a ‘supernatural addendum’ –
“…do all things through Him who gives me strength.”
My faith does not rest in my capabilities but in His.
He is Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent – just to name a few attributes.
So then with His wisdom, power and presence flowing through me because of Christ; I am more than able to do anything He asks of me.
Consider just a couple of servants who knew what it was to minister through His grace after some initial doubt.
“But Lord, Gideon asked, how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh and I am the least in my family.”
Jeremiah questioned: “Ah, Sovereign Lord, I said, “I do not know how to speak;
I am only a child.”
Both of them initially protested based on what they had to offer but
God countered their objections with who He is!
Someone a whole lot smarter than me once said that
“One with God is a majority!”
How true that is when our unbelief is forsaken and we come to understand
 “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” 

No comments: