Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Who Has the Final Say?

 

“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

II Timothy 3:16-17


How much scripture is God-Breathed?

Our verse today says: A-L-L!

How much room does that leave for scripture that is not God-breathed?

Of course the answer is no room at all.

That means a couple of things to me.

First of all – I don’t get to pick and choose what is truth and what isn’t.

The hard parts are not negotiable, I can’t dilute their meaning or their intended purposes for my life.

It really is a choice of all or nothing.

Secondly - from Genesis 1:1 all the way to Revelation 22:21, every part of the Word of God is useful to teach me, to rebuke and correct me and to train me in righteousness.

Allow me to frame what that means to me (and to you) in the form of a question for our consideration.

Will I accept God’s Word as the final authority for my life?

Something to honestly consider, wouldn’t you say?

No comments: