Monday, November 16, 2020

A Choice in Fellowship

 

“So God created man in His own image....”

Genesis 1:27

 

Who do you fellowship with?

Before you respond think about this:

I would suggest that far, far too often our greatest fellowship as believers is with our own thoughts.

Stop and think about it.

When we are left alone with our own thoughts and we do not have that transformed mind, what do you suppose the end result will be?

If your life is dominated by fear, anxiety and losing debates with yourself, then perhaps it’s time to change who you fellowship with.

When you spend time with God, getting alone with Him then He, by His Holy Spirit is given the opportunity to speak into your life.

What might He say?

How about this –

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Or this –

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Or maybe even this –

“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”

So let me ask you again – who do you fellowship with?

I would much rather hear from God and His thoughts of me than to fellowship with my own thoughts.

How about you?



 

 

No comments: