Monday, November 9, 2020

Not Just for Me

 

“This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed,

because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”

Lamentations 3:21-23

 


So when you call to mind the Lords’ mercies, for whom does it apply?

I’ll be completely honest with you; more often than not it is me needing to apply His great mercy in my life.

And yes, as the song says - morning by morning new mercies I see.

But what if we become deliberate in our effort to not only appropriate that mercy for ourselves but to go out of our way in extending to someone in need of it.

Don’t tell me you don’t know anyone like that.

 If you truly believe that then I would challenge you to ask the Lord to reveal someone as you travel through your day.

Maybe a one-time enemy of yours resurfaces.

Maybe it is as simple as extending mercy to the sales clerk who badly bungles your order.

It is wonderful to have Gods’ great mercy lavished on me.

How much more wonderful when we extend it to another?

Will you do that today?

 

 

No comments: