Thursday, August 30, 2018

Is God Your Co-Pilot?




I hope not!

There is statement made popular over the years that also was seen on bumper stickers.

It read: “God is my Co-Pilot.”

It sounds like a wonderful concept except it falls 100% short in effectiveness.

What do I mean?

A life half surrendered to God is a life we are still in control of.

Listen to Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Did you notice whose plans they are?

God’s plans for you and I are good plans.

I confess, when I am left in control of my own plans they are not always good, prosperous and hopeful.

A life fully surrendered to God, where we give Him total control to pilot our destiny, is a life that honors Him and fulfills His plans and purposes.

A fair question might be – “Don’t I have a role to play?”

Yes, you do. It’s called complete and total surrender.

God will not usurp my will.

Instead I must choose to surrender my will to His.

When I have done this, it is not me piloting my life, not even co-piloting it.

God pilots my life.

Do you pilot your life?

Do you and God co-pilot? (I hope you understand the irrelevance of this question)

- or -

Does God pilot your life?

No comments: