Friday, August 4, 2017

Seeing yourself as God sees you




Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

As a parent, it has always bothered me when I heard my kids put themselves down.  It might have been a negative comment about their appearance or lack of ability.  It might have been a comment on how they didn’t quite measure up to the other kids in school.

It brought sadness to my heart to hear such things because I knew the great potential that lay within them and I knew how beautiful they were in the eyes of the only person that mattered – God.

I wonder if it makes God’s heart sad when we, as His children, speak negatively about ourselves.  How often have we thought we are not gifted or spiritual enough to accomplish something?  I wonder if He thinks “child if you only knew what we could accomplish together!”

The sky is truly the limit when it comes what we can achieve when we partner with God.  But in order to realize that potential, we must start with thinking about ourselves the way God thinks about us.

In the Song of Solomon 4:7, God says “You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.”

God’s love won’t allow Him to see our flaws.  He sees Jesus in us.  He sees a royal priesthood, a joint heir, a friend.  He sees what we can become.

Ephesians 1:4 says He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight.

The next time you look in the mirror, see yourself as God sees you.  Agree with His assessment of who you are.

What we say and think about ourselves must be in agreement with God’s word or we will never realize our full potential in Him.

No comments: