Tuesday, August 22, 2017

No Comparison


“I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing

with the glory that will be revealed in us.”

Romans 8:18








I suppose if I compare my life with that of Pauls’ I can certainly say that I have suffered nowhere nearly as Paul had in his ministry.

No comparison whatsoever.

Yet, in spite of all he had suffered he still wrote that all of those sufferings could not compare with what was yet to come for him and for all believers.

It’s easy to complain about our trials, our ‘suffering’ and it is also easy (while complaining) to miss the blessings.

In the absence of gratitude complaining and griping will always fill the void!

Paul encourages us o hold fast in the midst of all our struggles, trials and persecutions knowing himself full well that what we are going through is nothing compared to what we will receive.

Don’t abort your blessing.

Live in the hope of His promises every day.

Remind yourself frequently, in the midst of your troubles,

the hope you have in Christ!




No comments: