Thursday, August 24, 2017

Are You Convinced?


“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 8:37-39







The verses above are likely very familiar to most of us.

We have probably quoted a time or too as well.

But I can’t help wondering if we miss a point that is so vital to the verses application in our own personal lives.

Paul included some words that are key to appropriating the promise contained in the verses. He said:

“...for I am convinced...”

He was convinced.

Am I?

Are you?

Do we always believe that NOTHING can separate us from the love of God or do I live as if every little thing I say, think or do seperates me?

His love is stronger than that and His word is true!

Even in our failures, even in our sin, He loves us.

That is not to say we should continue in those things but rather that I recognize that God does not turn His love ‘on’ or ‘off’ toward us based on our less than perfect behavior.

God is not fickle and His love is not conditional.

He loves you.

He loved you yesterday, He loves you today and He will love you tomorrow.

He loves you!

Are you convinced of that?


No comments: