Friday, January 6, 2017

A Different Kind of Weapon


Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:


In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength. (Isaiah 30:15

While reading a book this week, I read a quote from a Christian author who said “rest can be a weapon” for a Christ follower.

I never looked at rest in terms of a weapon, quite the opposite actually.  But, the more I thought about it, the more I came to understand how true that statement was.

I began to recall times in my life when choosing to put my heart at rest and trust God allowed me to overcome difficult circumstances.

I would even go so far as to say that there are very few spiritual weapons greater than rest.

A heart at rest in God can overcome the greatest of storms.

A heart at rest in God can position us to hear God’s voice even in the midst of chaos.

A heart at rest in God is able to trust Him even when we can’t see where we are going.

A heart at rest in God is able to show love even when love is not being reciprocated.

I challenge you to cultivate a restful spirit, a quietness of soul this week, and watch how you will be able to rise above even the most difficult of situations.

Rest in the hands of a Christ follower is a powerful weapon.


No comments: