Thursday, May 28, 2015

Examination Revelation

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me;
my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—
the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
Acts 20:24
 
 
How different might your life or my life be if the words above were truly taken to heart?
How different might our world be?
Imagine the impact of an army of people who values their God given task more than their own life.
We often say that we do, we certainly agree that it is a noble goal, but how many of us live each and every day in a way where we can look back and say “Today, I did just that!”
We not only value our lives, our reputations, our financial security over the tasks that Jesus gives us, we sometimes can go for  days on end without examining how we had an impact for the Kingdom of God.
These words are not written to condemn but rather to give us pause to stop and think.
How can I change that?
How can I partner with God to be sure that my aim takes me closer to the finish line established for me?
Someone once said: “The unexamined life is not worth living.”
If we trudge through our daily lives unaware of what God has for us we miss opportunities for personal growth and opportunities to bless others in His Name.
Examine your life but do so by inviting the Holy Spirit into the examining room.
He can show us what we often cannot see ourselves.
His motivation is through love and for the purpose of making us more like Jesus.
That’s an examination worth having!
 

No comments: