Thursday, May 21, 2015

????????????

 
Questions!
Why do we ask them?
Usually, we ask questions to gain insight or understanding.
We ask, expecting that the answer will bring that understanding.
But why did Jesus ask questions?
Didn’t He already know the answer?
I believe He asked questions to draw out of His listeners what was in their hearts.
The questions that Jesus asked were, and still are, relevant and critical to our lives.
The next time you are reading the Gospels take some time to consider the answers to Jesus’ questions as they pertain to your own life.
Let me give you just a small sample of questions Jesus asked.
These are found in just part of chapter eight of the Gospel of Mark.
Take a few moments to consider how you might answer these questions –
Who do people say I am?”
But what about you?”
Who do you say I am?”
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?”
What can a man give in exchange for his soul?”
I think it is very easy because of our familiarity with these questions to just skip over them.
But I would suggest they need not be just “one time only” answers.
In the circumstances of your life today who is Jesus to you?
What have I tried to give today in exchange for my soul?
Challenging questions!
Consider Jesus’ questions in light of where you are today in your walk with him.
Perhaps it will open your eyes to new or greater understanding!

No comments: