Friday, April 10, 2015

“Uncle!”


Give me your heart, my son, and let your eyes delight in my ways. (Proverbs 23:26)
 
 
Todays' blog post is contributed by David Trotta:
 


Uncle!  You’ve might have used that term as a child.  Like me, you may have been in a wrestling match with a friend or older sibling, only to realize you were overmatched and the only way to get out of your predicament was to say “uncle,” which meant - I give up. I’ve had enough. You win!

Are you wrestling with God today?  Are you resisting His prompting to give up control of an area of your life to Him?  His goal is to capture all our heart and He will not stop until you say “uncle.”  In His pursuit of you, and because of His great love, He will allow you to wrestle until you grow weary and say “I give up.”  He wants every area of your life, because He knows that a fully surrendered heart is a truly free heart.

I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but true freedom only comes through true surrender.  We will all surrender to something, so the key is what or who we surrender to.  Our hearts were designed to be a dwelling place for God, and in His absence, something lesser and unworthy will hold our hearts captive.

During those wrestling matches when I was young, there were times when I became very stubborn.  I wouldn’t say “uncle” even if I was in pain.  I was too proud.  Even today, I sometimes allow myself to go through unnecessary difficulties because I won’t surrender to His purpose and plan for my life.

Those areas of your life that you are refusing to surrender may be causing you pain and the only pathway to peace and rest is complete surrender.

Don’t wait any longer!  Say “uncle.”  True freedom is waiting.

I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

No comments: