Thursday, April 16, 2015

Measuring Greatness

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
I Corinthians 13:13
 
 
 
Would you agree with me that your faith matters to God?
So much so that we are told in Hebrews 11:6 that
“…without faith it is impossible to please God…”
So, yes, our faith does matter to God very much.
What about hope?
Is it important?
As we walk with God we wait in hope.
Listen to how Hebrews 6:19 states it:
“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,”
Hope gives us access, entry into the presence of God.
The Holy of Holies is opened to us.
I would have to conclude, through these particular scriptures as well as a host of others which bear witness of the same, that faith and hope are indeed important to our walk with God.
Then, when I read the verse today I must conclude that, as important as faith and hope are in my life, they are even exceeded by the greatness of love.
That is speaking of His love expressed to me and His love demonstrated by me.
In other words, a love which is working in me and motivates my actions, attitudes and behaviors toward others.
We can and should love others because He first loved us!
It is not that it is a competition between faith, hope and love.
They function interdependently in our lives…
…but the greatest…is love!
 
 
 

No comments: